Set up in 1686 by Philadelphia Quarterly as Newark Monthly, the name being changed in 1760 to Kennett Monthly.
In 1938, the Orthodox branch was laid down and its members transferred to New Garden Monthly.
After the Separation, the Hicksite branch was continued after the division of the original Kennett Monthly. Component meetings were Kennett Preparative, Marlboro Preparative, Kennett Square Preparative, Kennett Square Indulged, Unionville Indulged, and Unionville Preparative.
Set up in 1686 by Philadelphia Quarterly, the meeting's name was changed to Kennett Monthly in 1760 by Western Quarterly.
Parkersville Road, Kennett Square, Chester County, PA
After the Separation of the original Kennett Preparative meeting, the Orthodox branch built a meeting house in 1830 in Parkersville on land purchased from John Parker. The meeting was held here until 1888 when the meeting moved to Kennett Square. THe meeting house was still used occasionally for special occasions.
Beginning in 2004, a small group of Friends have been gathering for worship at Parkersville and consideration is being given for the meeting to be reactivated as a Preparative meeting.
Three miles east of Kennett Square on Rte 1 near entrance to Longwood Gardens
Established May 22, 1853 as Pennsylvania Yearly Meeting of Progressive Friends, after separating from Kennett Monthly Meeting and Western Quarterly Meeting of Hicksite Friends, this meeting was better known as Longwood.
Unionville Village, East Marlboro twp., Chester County, PA
First established in 1845 by committees from both London Grove Monthly and Kennett Monthly.