Navigation
User login
Home | Meeting Data | Post-Separation Meetings | Philadelphia Yearly | Concord Quarterly | Willistown Monthly

Willistown Preparative

Set up in 1794 by Goshen Monthly . Earlier meetings were believed to have been been held since about 1753. In 1798, a two story stone meeting house was erected and land set aside for a burial ground.

At the time of the Separation, the Hicksite branch retained the property and the Orthodox branch met in the old schoolhouse that had been built on the property years earlier. The Orthodox branch was laid down in 1863.

The Hicksite branch was the forerunner of the modern Willistown Monthly.