Junction of Strasburg and Northbrook roads, Marshallton, Chester County, PA
Set up in 1726 by Newark Monthly, after being an indulged meeting under Kennett Preparative since 1716, this meeting is sometimes called Marshallton meeting. When Bradford Monthly meeting was set up in 1738, this meeting became part of it. The original meeting house is believed to have been located near the northeast corner of the land of Abraham Marshall, but this house soon proved to be inadequate so in 1729, land was purchased from Edward Clayton for the building of a new meeting house and plotting of a burial ground. The cemetery was enclosed with a stone wall in 1774. At the time of the Separation, the property of the meeting was retained by the Orthodox side. The meeting was laid down in 1922 and its members transferred to Caln Preparative.
After the Separation, this meeting was continued in 1828 as a Hicksite meeting, and met from 1828 to 1833 in the original meeting house property which was retained by the Orthodox branch. The Hicksites built a meeting house adjoining the Orthodox property on land purchased from John Dowell, where they held meetings until 1846. At that point, many of the members having moved westward, the meeting purchased land in Romansville to the west. After this move, the meeting's was changed to Romansville Preparative. The property in Marshallton was sold to Abraham Marshall in 1846, who in turn sold it to the trustees of the Orthodox Friends a few months later.
The original meeting house in Marshallton is now the home of the modern day Bradford Monthly meeting.