Navigation
User login
Home | Meeting Data | Pre-Separation Meetings

Baltimore Quarterly (historic)

Baltimore Quarter 1850
Existence Date Range: 
1675-1969
Successor(s): 
Subordinate Meetings

Baltimore Monthly (Historic)

Existence Date Range: 
1792-1807
Established: 
1792
Parent Meeting: 

Baltimore Monthly Meeting was the successor of the original Patapsco Meeting which had been established in 1679 under Cliffs Monthly Meeting. In 1739 it came under the care of Gunpwder Monthly Meeting. In 1781, when it moved to a new location at the southeast corner of Aisquith and Fayette streets in Baltimore City, it became known as Baltimore Meeting, as well as Old Town Meeting. It became a Preparative Meeting by 1776, and in 1792, became a Monthly Meeting and was united with Elk Ridge Preparative.