Chesapeake Quarterly was formed from the combining of the two former Baltimore Quarters, the original Baltimore Quarter and the more recent Potomac Quarterly. The former Baltimore Quarterly had originally been called the Quarterly Meeting for the Western Shore and met at West River until 1785, at which point it moved to Baltimore.
In 1850, the map of Baltimore Quarter included York, Gunpowder, Little Falls, Forest, Diamond Ridge, Elkridge, Baltimore (two meetings) and Sandy Spring.
351 Dubois Road
Stony Run evolved from the Hicksite branch of the former Baltimore Western District meeting, which in turn had been created from the division in 1807 of the orignal Baltimore Monthly Meeting. The Hicksite Western District meeting changed its name in 1864 to Baltimore Monthly Meeting and in 1889 they moved to the Park Avenue meeting house. WHen they began to meet at Friends School on Charles street in 1944 they changed their name to Baltimore Monthly Meeting, Stony Run.
3107 North Charles Street
Elkridge Meeting was first organized about 1774 under the care of Gunpowder Meeting as part of the Baltimore Quarter. The stone meetinghouse was built about 1800 and is now a private residence. In 1799, the meeting became part of Baltimore Monthly Meeting and was discontinued sometime before 1875.
14394 Priceville Road
Little Falls was first established as a worship group under the care of Gunpowder Meeting in 1747, becoming a preparative meeting in 1752. In 1815, it became a Monthly Meeting under Baltimore Quarter in 1815.
719 Old Fallston Road
Existence Date Range:
08/2002 MM of Chesapeake QM
2331 Calvin Circle
The modern day Patuxent Meeting in Lusby began as a worship group in 1980 under the care of Annapolis Meeting. In 1995, Patuxent became a Monthly Meeting under Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
12175 Southern Connector Blvd
17715 Meetinghouse Road
Seneca Valley Preparative Friends currently meet at the Boyds Presbyterian church in Boyds, using the upstairs of the Fellowship Hall.
White Ground Road