Huntingdon Preparative Meeting
Huntingdon Preparative meeting was established priotr to 1739 by Sadsbury Monthly, as noted by the following minute from Sadsbury:
"There being divers families of Friends of late settled on the west side of the Susquehanna, some of them have produced certificates to this meeting from Kenet (Kennett), where they formerly dwelt, the Friends of the settlement being desirous of a toleration from this meeting to hold meetings for worship every fourth day of the week for six months time which request is granted."
When the Warrington Monthly meeting was set up in 1747, the Huntingdon meeting became a part of that meeting, and in 1750, the Friends of Huntingdon were granted permission to hold regular meetings for worship. In 1761 the meeting became a Preparative meeting under Warrington. Grounds for a log meeting house and graveyard were donated to the meeting by William Beale in 1766. When the Menallen Monthly meeting was established in 1780, the Huntingdon meeting was transferred to Menallen and about 1790, the old log meting hosue was razed and replaced by a gray stone meetinghouse.
At the time of the Great Separation, the HIcksite branch retained the meetinghouse and grounds, while the Orthodox portion of the meeting was laid down, its members and those Orthodox members of Menallen combining to form Bendersville Preparative meeting.